Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Wave Hello

*This is my second post for today.  Please scroll down for the DRS Designs Blog Hop and Scavenger Hunt!*

Hi Everyone,
This post is very bittersweet today.  First off, I'm all misty eyed from having to say good bye to my Amber Ink  (th)INK Tank Torchbearer Teammates.  It was such an honor and privilege to be selected to be the first group to debut the new products that Amber has designed.  The iPapers were (still are!) so cute and I just loved the new stamps too.  It was a blast working with great products and seeing every ones excitement over this new venture.

The good news is, I am thrilled to pass my torch off to my blogging friend Tanis!  She has a great blog and you will be able to get all the latest Amber Ink info there.  Remember my cute badge on the side bar?? Well, now you will see it on her blog!  Each of us Torchbearers is passing off our uniquely colored badge on to the next, so we can always follow where our little torch has ended up.  Isn't that cool?    

So instead of this being a sad post, I'm choosing happy...And waving hello to the new gals with this card made with the clear sets, Oh! What a Doll and A Day at the Beach.

This was sooo much fun paper piecing the bag and skirt using some of the darling iPaper :)

So to all the new (th)INK Tanks Girls, I wish you all the best and I will now be stalking your blogs for all the new goodies that Amber Ink will be coming out with.  I'm looking forward to being inspired and cheering you on as you carry forth these designs that are so dear to me.  I know you will all do us proud!

Good Luck Ladies :) :) :) :) :)

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows:
Lexi's Creations-Orange and Yellow
Wild Orchid-One for the Girls

Details not listed above-Ink: Momento, Markers: Copic, Punches: Stampin' Up, rhinestones from my supplies.

14 comments:

pinky said...

Ah its a bit sad alright Karin:( but as you say lovely to pass it on to more lucky ladies. Love your card great paper piecing and yes we definitely will be keeping in touch. Hugs
Pinky

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I can't believe the month is over already. I love the words along the side of the card - what a fun touch. Great colors too.

TannyP said...

Oh your card rocks, Karin! Your paper piecing is fabulous...I hope I don't disappoint ya =)

Pam said...

Oh Karin, I can't believe I am actually CRYING while I'm reading this post! It makes me a little melancholy. You are just the best! So glad you passed your torch on to Tanny and you're still there but with both hands free (you don't have to carry that heavy hot flame now!). There must be a big party somewhere in the future right?..Wave Aloha *hello/goodbye/love*

melissac said...

I love your card Karin!! I am sad I won't be seeing any Amber sneak peaks any more!! Blessings and Hugs!!

BTW--once the start of school settles down I'd love to meet for coffee!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous piecing work with this delightful image!! What a sensational card, Karin!!

Amberbop said...

Oh! I love this card. I'm thrilled you chose happy, I don't know if I could have handled 'sad'! I'm choosing sad, but plugging on, because afterall, I need to make sure to keep you girls in Amber Ink. Thank you sooooo much for making this inaugural month of company owning a breeze and a blessing. I am so happy we're friends. xoxo.

lalkygirl said...

gorgeous card karin,love the paper peicing and how the script runs down the sides,very effective
thanks for joining us at lexi's and good luck
lalkygirl x

wendyp said...

Karin, this is gorgeous!! Love how you paper pieced her accessories!

So nervous and excited at the same time to be carrying a torch! You girls did such an amazing job that its a hard act to follow. You know I just realized now that you mention it the badges are color coded. It will be so cool to see where it travels!

Martha said...

so cute.

Farida Rone said...

What a fun card. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenges.
Hugs,
Farida

Dena said...

Awe, what a fun card! Perfect image with that sentiment!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!!!
Hugs, Dena

Lilys Mum said...

Hi Karin, I totally understand the 'with an i' bit, it does get a bit annoying when they then try to correct you cos they're sure you've not said it right LOL.
Lovely card and a very nice reason for it.
Karin x (mum to lily)

Dilsaver Designs said...

Great paper piercing and wonderfully colored, love your card :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails