Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wishing you...

Hi Everyone,

I'm back today with another card made with one of my new stamps from DRS Designs.

One of the new releases is this sweet little Snowman in a Box.  This is a great stamp if you want to make a quick card, it's a little scene all by itself.  I paired it with a sentiment from the current catalog, called Snowflakes and Winter Cheer.

I embossed the top half of the card and added a few random gems.  I thought the pom pom trim looked a bit like snowballs, (I know they are blue...no comments please ;) ) so I added it along the top.


Here is a closer shot of that little snowman...

I love simple little cards you can pop in the mail to a friend just because, don't you?

You can see all of the new releases at the DRS Designs online store...Have a great day!

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows-
ABC Christmas-Anything Goes
Meljens-Square or Round
PaperPlay-Cutie Patootie
ABC DT Challenge-Baby it's Cold Outside
Craft Your Days Away-Anything Goes
Ooo la la-Bling it On
Paper Cutz-Use a Tag
Stamp Something-Anything Goes
Victorine Originals-Tag it
Wild Orchid-Use a Sentiment

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Stampin' Up, Punches: Stampin' Up, Eyelet, Gems and pom pom trim from my supplies.


21 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

SWEET! I love the bling-accented embossing and the puffy balls! The large sentiment is fabulous.

PureGold said...

Oh my god, your card is awesome.
Love it.

Thanks for joining us at creative stamp friends this week.
Hugs Rebecca

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

I love your tag and see you are into challenges! I'm a newbie challenger. I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!

Mama LoveBug
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Glenda said...

Fantastic! Great white space and I love the bling (and the red of course)! Thanks for playing along with my red challenge.

TannyP said...

It's such a perfect example of simple beauty! The partial embossing is great and the bling really makes it pop. That sentiment and snowman are adorable. The poms, though, really are the sweetest!

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous little card .. i love the little pompoms and the embossing
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

oops sorry - meant BTC&G lol.. not paying attention
Lisa ;)

berg4 said...

Great card - I really like how you stamped the snowman on the tag. TFS!

Tameko said...

Very pretty. Nice touch with the embossing and pom pom trim. Thanks for joining us at SS!

Sprytebyrd said...

Hi Karin! This is perfect! Love the pompoms along the top! And I really love how you've done the embossing and rhinestones!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

jonim52 said...

Hi Karin, Your card is absolutely adorable and perfect for our tag challenge. It's nice to see you over here at Victorine Originals, thanks for joining our challenge.

Rainmac said...

Hi Karin, this is such a fabulous card, I love the red and blue against all that white, a stunning card. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge of 2011, good luck xxx

uksharon said...

Fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay Cutie Patootie challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a cute card! Love the embossing at the top! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sunday's winter challenge! :-) Amy

mforquer said...

Such a cute card - great embossing with the gems! Thanks for playing at Meljen's Design this week!
Hugs,
M

Kreatives von Andrea said...

wow, what a fantastic creations.

Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

A nice greeting Andrea from germany

Julie said...

FAb card!! Love how you've made the sentiment the focal point but love all your details too! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx

Jacilynn said...

very pretty! love all the white.
Thanks for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OMGosh! So freakin' cute and clever! That sentiment is perfect for the Baby It's Cold Outside challenge - love every detail!! Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

Justine said...

I really love this!! Great use of the blue pom poms, rhinestones and a perfect winter card

Wendi said...

Fabulous card
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Related Posts with Thumbnails