Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sunrise Golfer

Hi Everyone,

The current challenge on the DRS Designs blog is "Play Ball", so I'm back today with another golf themed card!  I hope you have a chance to "get inky" and join us!

My card started out with me sponging that green and yellow background scene, so that I could add the Silhouette Male Golfer in the foreground.  Unfortunately, after stamping him I swiped an inky finger across the beautiful golden sky and ended up with a big black smudge that couldn't be camouflaged.  So, after shaking my fist in the air and a holding a minor pity party, I fished it out of the trash and decided it was an opportunity for creativity.  I cut him down and matted him in black.  I then stamped the Par-fect Golf  Birthday Greeting, cutting it down and matting it as well.  To match it up with the image, I stamped it with the Splatter Background stamp in yellow and green ink.

I embossed a bright yellow background, but it seemed too plain when I was piecing the card together, so I made a piece of patterned paper using the cut apart Woven Plaid stamp, using the same yellow, green and orange inks. You can check out this great tutorial here.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you at the challenge!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails