Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

October Birthday


Hi Everyone,

I have lots of fall birthdays coming up in my circle of family and friends, so I scoured my sketch book, and I chose a card layout that looked interesting.  I've been in a rut and needed to kick start my card making mojo :)  

I began by stamping the October Birthday Greeting from DRS Designs, die cutting it and adding a couple of mats. I then sliced it in half. 

I chose a simple embossed background, adding a border strip in the center, that I embellished with a bit of ribbon. 


I attached the sentiment along with a die cut leaf and some pumpkins that were fussy cut from the Pumpkin Pile stamp.

A bit of glitter on the leaf and a few matching gems and I called it done.  

I wish I could say fall is in the air, but I'm looking at temps in the 80's this week. However, I'm not complaining, because the frost will be on the pumpkins before we know it :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Karin





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails