Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Pumpkin Spice

Hi Everyone,

With Halloween fast approaching, I was running out of time to make a card celebrating my love of hot drinks. This cute Paper Coffee Cup can be decorated for any time of year, and I was remembering making a snowman type cup for this card, so I wanted to replicate that in some way for the fall. 


I made the background using an embossing folder (Darice brand) with fall words and made patterned paper for the bottom portion using the Candy Corn Border stamp and Copic markers. 

The cup was made by stamping it and decorating it using the Splatter Background stamp in candy corn colors.  Then I stamped it two more times, once on white and once on orange, fussy cutting the lid, sleeve and cup, and then assembling them like you see here. Since the sleeve was orange, I used that as my "pumpkin", attaching a yellow face.  I have a jack-o-lantern die (Darice brand), and those were the negative parts left over, but I did have to do a bit of extra cutting to make the mouth fit the cup.

I paired it with the Pumpkin Spice Everything Nice Greeting that was stamped and die cut and I attached that, and the cup, using dimensional foam tape.  Since the end of the greeting states "everything nice",  I resisted my urge to add a creepy spider as embellishment...lol.

Cheers to hot drinks!  Happy stamping...
Karin 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails