Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Winter Cards



Hi Everyone,

Since it's still January, I have a couple of simple winter cards to share today, using stamps from DRS Designs.  

For the first one, I paired the new It's Freezin' Season Greeting with a couple of my favorite snowmen in my stamp collection, Stretch the Round Button Snowman and Simply Snowman. I was going to stamp the greeting at the same time, and make a flat card, but changed my mind and made a medallion using my punches instead, attaching it when it was complete. After stamping and coloring the snowmen, I dry embossed on top, to add some snowy texture.



This is one of my holiday thank you cards that I mass produced this year. Since I was making a half a dozen, I went with a simple stamped background (Snow Background) and a large die cut snowflake.

The Blizzard of Thanks Greeting was stamped and heat embossed, with a touch of blue sponging around the edge.  I attached it with some dimensional foam tape and added a big half pearl to finish it off.


Inside I stamped the same snowflakes in a light blue.  


And here is a close up of the glittery embossing :)


Thanks for stopping by...

  Happy Stamping :)
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails