Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

 Hi Everyone,

Now that it's November, I did my first bit of holiday preparation yesterday.  I unpacked my Christmas dishes in anticipation for December dinners.  It's generally the first thing I do, since they're behind cupboard doors, so no one but me knows.  One year I did put up my tree before Thanksgiving though, but I was pretty tired of looking at it by the time Christmas rolled around, so I'm not doing that again. I will continue to decorate on Black Friday, it keeps me out of the stores and it's been my tradition since I was in college.

On that note, here is my card using the new Potted Christmas Tree stamp.  After coloring and die cutting it, I went and embellished the ornaments with some glitter glue for a bit of sparkle.  The background and tiny tag were stamped using the Interlocking Snow Background, and then I stamped the tag using the Tiny Season's Greetings.

I die cut a big snowflake and used a solid ribbon for the tag and a printed ribbon along the bottom of the card.  One pink gemstone finished it off.
 




The month of October had me going to two drive by parties, one birthday and one baby shower.  So very 2020, am I right?!

Anyway, I made this cheerful piggy card for the birthday celebration.  Leonard Pig Behind the Bubble is the star of the card.  I colored him up and used my circle dies, along with the Delightful Surprises Birthday Greeting and I added some glossy accents to the big bubble.



And in keeping with the circles theme, I used the Interlocking Circles stamp to create the background.  

Here's wishing you a delightful day!

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails