Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Thinking of You

 Hi Everyone,


I love seeing a cardinal in winter.  There's just something about seeing that bright red color against a snowy white backdrop that just lifts my spirits.  

One of the newest stamps that was released for this holiday season DRS Designs is the Cardinal Holly Lantern.  
Fun to color and beautiful for crafts and cardmaking this winter season, I die cut the image and attached it to a background that was half stamped with a Pine Bough and half dry embossed.




I used the new Thinking of you at Christmas Greeting, which is one that I will be stamping with a lot this year.  


And speaking of that sentiment, I challenged myself to make another card using it, only this time to make something super quick.  I used my watercolor brush, a holly leaf punch (Martha Stewart) and some enamel dots for the images and I stamped and cut up the sentiment.  



I liked that so much that I tried again, this time using one layer, a snowflake punch (Martha Stewart) and the Tiny Seasons Greetings stamp.




I'm famous for running to my craft area to whip up a last minute card.  Now at least I have an idea for one!

Wishing you a crafty holiday season...

Karin



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails