Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Summer Cards

 

Hi Everyone,

 

I know it's not officially summer yet, but it's 90F degrees here, so I feel like it's in full swing! Here are a couple of cards to kick off the season.

 

This card I made a while ago, but I'm happy to share the beachy themed card today.  The beach just screams summer, and vacation, and relaxation, and happiness, and...! It's all goodness in my book.

 

I sponged some ink onto the background and the beach themed greeting too.  I made the beachy background by adding die cut wavy ric rack for water and some Splatter Background stamped sand.  A punched sun, die cut flip flops and some stamped and fussy cut starfish completed the card.  




A friend's son graduated from military school, so I chose to make him a patriotic graduation card. Red. white and blue says American summertime to me as well, so it's reflects the time of year for this milestone too.

I dry embossed the background and added a stamped panel made using Grad Hat Hooray.  The Graduation is the Beginning sentiment was die cut and I embossed and fussy cut the Brush Mortarboard, adding it with some pop dots.

 


Since this card was being sent to a guy, I resisted the urge to add gemstones and just added a gift inside...lol!

Here hoping the summer season is off to a happy start for you!
Karin



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails