Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Easy Summer Cards

  Hi Everyone,


Last week I went on a getaway with my husband to an inn, down in the heart of Amish country in Ohio.  It was our first time away since, what I call, "the before times".  While it wasn't completely normal due to them being short staffed, and my husband working from his lap top, it was still a pleasant escape from suburban life.   I was scrambling a bit before we left home, so I made these two quick cards with a summer theme.



I masked off this vertical strip and sponged lol on various greens and yellow ink to achieve this color. Before removing the masking, I stamped the Citrus Slice all along the colored portion, and then added the It's Five O'clock Somewhere Greeting adding a few gems for embellishment.





It was so quick and easy I made a second card using the same technique, just different stamps and enamel dots. 




The stamps for the above card are as follows:


Summer Story Greeting

4 in 1 Seashells




While I wasn't at the beach, here's a peek at the lovely scenery where we stayed...








That's me outside the entrance.  These rooms are called the "honeycombs" and they're built into the side of a hill.  They all have stone patios with bird feeders outside and you can even hear the baaaah of the sheep in the distance.  Not a big deal to some, but slightly magical to this suburban/city gal :) 


Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit DRS Designs for all your summer stamping needs!
Karin
  





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails