Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Backgrounds


Hi Everyone,


Back when I started stamping, I kept a notebook of various ideas to assist me in making cards. This was one idea to help when making multiple cards at once. 



It begins with a piece of cardstock, 8 1/2" x 11" and you simply stamp down the center of the paper, both horizontally and vertically, with whatever stamps you choose.  In my case, I used the following... (excuse the terrible photos of my table full of bits and scraps!)



 Fillagree Pumpkin


Silhouette Branch


Splatter Background 




Then you cut down the center and across and you have 4 pieces of background paper for your projects.



Here I attached it to a brown card base and used it for the backdrop for the Classic Turkey and the soon to be released Let's Talk Turkey (083B).


And here I paired it with the Large Happy Fall Y'all Greeting, attaching the pumpkins from the 4 in 1 Harvest Designs for embellishment. 


Now I just need to remember this idea for making multiples of Christmas cards! DRS Designs has many stamps that work well with this technique :)

Have a great Tuesday!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails