Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Anta Claus

Hi Everyone,


It's Hambo Hoedown time again and it's fun challenge this week.  If you played along last week, and emailed a photo of your card, you should have received this darling digi named Anta Claus.  And because he looks like he's going to fold under the pressure of carrying this huge package, the challenge is to make a card with more than one fold.

So instead of making my usual Z fold card, I was inspired by my blogging friend Gina, and I made a Center Step card using this tut here.  It only took two tries for me.  Sometimes I'm a bit dense when it comes to following directions that include measuring and numbers...lol.  Anyway, it was easy to decorate with patterned paper and I even did a bit of paper piecing on the enormous gift :) Also, I took the December 25 from the patterned paper I was using and I made that my sentiment.  Yes, even though it's pink, it really is holiday paper.


I hope you can get out of your comfort zone and play along in our "more than one fold" challenge at the Hambo Hoedown

Details not listed above- Paper: Bazzil, Georgia Pacific White, KI Memories, Markers: Copic, Die: Provocraft Cuttlebug, Stickers: EK Success.

12 comments:

She's a Color Queen said...

I like your soft color choices, why didn't I think of that?? Also your ant is a great color!

Gerlinde said...

This is adorable, Karin! Love that Santa Ant!

Judy Rozema said...

This is such a neat card!!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card Karin! Love the paper piecing and the dp you chose!

TannyP said...

And here I thought you misspelled Santa when I read the title of your post from my blog. LOL!

Love this - you're so brave...I have yet to do a step fold card. Those papers are great and your ribbon is awesome! Great job on this card, Karin!

Janett said...

Very cute card Karin

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! I have not been brave enough to try one of these. What a cute image! I love the non-traditional colors/papers you used.

Donna Ellis said...

Karin, I knew this had to be a hambo stamp before reading anything! LOL Their images certainly bear a "signature", don't they? I love them! Your Anta Clause is darling! Love the colors - you've used a lot of pinks this season, and they certainly are festive! Cute! Cute! Cute! May Santa bring you presents bigger than what will fit in Anta's sleigh. :-)

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, this is so cute! I hope that little ant brings me a BIG present. Teehee!

Amanda R said...

I like the cutout sentiment, very whimsical. And the pink paper is yummy!

Sincerely, Ree said...

Such a cute card! I love the pink(ad polka dots, too)!

The Paper Parade said...

Karin...wow!!! This fold job is GREAT! And I love that you used so much pink in a Christmas card..all the patterned papers and everything are just awesome :) You rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails