Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vellum Flowers

Hi Everyone,

How about a break from all the Christmas cards?  I know that I can use it!  I've been loving seeing anything spring like or floral lately.  I think it's just the holiday fatigue that's setting in.  Not good since Christmas isn't even here yet :)

Anyway, this is one of those card shares that I couldn’t wait to show off to you.  I was just thrilled with the results when I finished it, and while it’s only 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ square, it packs a big beautiful punch. I used what might be my new favorite glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle named Carnation (G1028). I adhered it to some Sticker Paper(99558) to create a gorgeous base for my flowers, which were made by stamping in Versamark (99702) on vellum and embossing with White Detail (EP298) powder. Each flower was fussy cut and adhered to the card using a rhinestone brad. These lovely designed flowers come from the Stampette set named Blossoms To Go (440S) and the sentiment is from another flower set named My Rose Garden (402).


I simply added a scrap of patterned paper layered with a border to the top of my card and finished it with a bit of ribbon and butterfly charm. A very girly card that could be sent to a friend for any number of reasons. We all have those special people in our lives that need to be remembered with a card.

If you need further details regarding my card, I invite you to check it out in the gallery here.

Thanks so much for visiting!



10 comments:

Monica said...

This is a PURE stunner... look at those delightfully elegant vellum flowers, cut so fussily that I for a moment thought were punched out. Super effect... and the border punch is perfect as is everything else. Very refreshing, Karin.

Monica
xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Karin...this is beautiful, I love those flowers, they're so delicate and chic. I love the butterfly charm, it's a nice touch.

Have a great day!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Karin! I love the bold papers with the emboss vellum flowers. Those gemstone brads are amazing!

Amanda R said...

These are gorgeous Karin! I saw them on the SNS blog and thought how pretty they were but they look even better here. Very elegant!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunning card, those flowers are beautiful
Lindsay xx

Cheryl said...

Oh wow - this is stunning! I LOVE the vellum flowers against the glitter background. Beautiful work my friend!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Karin, congrats on the feature at Sparkle and Sprinkle too! Love the new profile pic too!

TannyP said...

So much sparkle to love! I am always so impressed with your glittering - I avoid that stuff like the plague =) Too dang messy! Maybe I'll have to try this, though...sticker paper, huh!? =)

Lindsey said...

These vellum flowers are gorgeous!

Donna Ellis said...

Karin – a gorgeous card! Love the carnation glitter, too! It’s so soft and sparkly. Thanks for reminding me of how elegant white EP is on vellum! It’s a beautiful card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails