Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tough Times


I've been enjoying stamping with the new images and greeting stamps that DRS Designs has recently released.  I made two cards using the same sentiment.  

Here I stamped and die cut Guide Dog Assisted Woman and paired that with the Tough Times Don't Last Greeting.  Using the colors from the image I made the backgrounds by stamping half with the Splatter Background stamp and half with the Argyle Background, filling it in with the matching Argyle Diamond.  I covered up the seam with a piece of printed ribbon and added a photo corner punch up top.


Here I made a quick and easy card using the same sentiment.  My mother-in-law broke her hip, and she has been one tough cookie during her recovery process, so this was made with her in mind.  I used a wet paintbrush and washed on some pink, yellow and blue ink.  One it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed Josephine the Bold right on top and only gave her some "lipstick".  


To make it a little girlie, I added some pink gems to the corners. I love how perfect the image and sentiment are together...Just the ticket for a little light hearted inspiration!

If there ever was a perfect sentiment for these times, I'd say this is it!

Pop on over to DRS Designs to get one too...

Sending you and yours stamping hugs!
Karin





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails