Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Best Fishes

 Hi Everyone,


Boy this looks like a rainy week for me, which isn't bad news, because that just means more stamping time for me!  


Masculine cards are always a challenge for me.  I usually go for neural colors or a pairing of orange and blue, like I did below.  I sponged a sky and also sponged the water, using some sticky notes, a scallop punch to aid me along. The photo makes the water look more splotchy than it does in real life, and I'm not sure if the gel pen waves show up to well either.  You'll just have to trust me on that. 


I stamped and embossed the Silhouette Fishermen and also stamped the Best Fishes Hook, coloring in the hook with a sliver pen, to give it a look of metal.  I then paper pieced the actual phrase on top. The two fish were stamped a colored using Copics and a bit of that white pen again. 


The fish came from these 2 stamps:


3 in 1 Ocean Floor Designs

4 in 1 Ocean Designs



Here's a card from the previous release that I forgot to share here on the blog.  This one is the opposite of masculine, but it's pretty simple in it's design as well.


I stamped the birds multiple times, and wrapped the panel with the ribbon, before attaching the sentiment, which was die cut.


 The stamps I used are:
Flowering Bird Branch  
His  Blessings Faith Greeting




 I then added a big gem embellishment to finish it off.
Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails