Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fishing Cards

 Hi Everyone,



In honor of Father's Day, I decided to try my hand at making a fishing vest card.  Since I know zero about fishing, I Googled a fishing vest and tried to use what I know from making one of those dress shirt cards.



I began by cutting the paper into 4 1/4" x  8", scoring along the 8" side at 2" in on each side.  That created the flaps going to the center, and the math was much easier. I used a corner punch on each side, and along the bottom inside flaps and folded down the collar.  I stamped it using the Splatter Background stamp and used my tag punch for the pockets.  I added some stitching marks to those by hand, and then went along the edges with some green chalk. 



Along with adding the greeting, I filled the pockets using some twine and fussy cut fish. I think the real fishing vests my have a zipper up the front, but I embellished with buttons.




The stamps used are:


Best Fishes Hook


3 in 1 Ocean Floor Designs


Big Mouth Bass





For my second card, I tried to keep my stamping to neutral, masculine colors.  I stamped and die cut the Fishing Square, lightly adding color and some sponging.  I attached it to a dry embossed background, which had an attached a piece of matching patterned paper, made using the Splatter Background stamp.







The sentiment is a portion of the Fishing Birthday Greeting and I finished it off with three metal brads.



Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out all of the great new stamps at DRS Designs!
Karin








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails