Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Valentine

Hey!
I don't know how, but I managed to sneak in some "just for fun" stamping time. I decided to play along with the sketch challenge at Everything but the Kitchen Sink and it was soooo much fun making a non-Christmas card! Even though I need to make a few New Years cards, I had to make a Valentine's Day card for this challenge. I immediately thought of this stamp when I saw the sketch. I have so few stamps that are tall like this one.


I picked that paper up early in the year and never used it. ( I do that a lot. Have some grand plan that never comes to fruition. ) Well, I was happy to have it now.


I used markers to color the stamp and then huffed on it. My trusty Stickles are the bling, and I opted for a button for my corner embellishment.


I hope things are going well for all of you, getting last minute details in order for your Christmas celebration.

Thanks for taking the time to visit!

Details- Stamps: Printworks, Paper: Bazill, Martha Stewart, Susan Branch, Markers: Sugarloaf, Border Punch: Martha Stewart and Crop-o-Dial, button and ribbon from my supplies.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the sparkly heart!

TannyP said...

You really did this up beautifully, Karin! Your heart is fabulous, as is the button in the corner =)

Elaine. said...

Great job on the sketch challenge, love the colors. My friend had that name, don't know if you pronounce it like she does, but she would say, it's Karin, like Car IN the garage! I never misprounced her name after that introduction

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that stamp! I'm ready to start making cards other than Christmas cards too! :) Thanks for playing along with us in the challenge and I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty. So nice to start seeing some V-day cards! Thanks for playing girl!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty card!! I am ready to see something besides Christmas cards... and I am ready to make something besides Christmas cards! :) Thanks for playing along with our challenge! :)

Tammy said...

Love that sparkly heart too! Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the heart & all the sparkle. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails