Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Medallion

Hi Everyone,

Guess what?  Lindsay's Stamp Stuff has been in business for 2 years and that means there is a big sale in honor of the celebration!  Everything in her shop is 40% off through April 30th.  Now that's something we can all celebrate!


I went to a rubber stamp convention a couple of weeks ago and purchased something called a Geo-Die.  I was so excited to use it, so I printed out a piece of paper from the Bold Black and White paper set.  The die cuts your paper into a medallion shape along with making cuts on the inside of the shape as well. Then you fold back the inside cuts and it reveals the other side of the paper.  I'm probably not explaining it well, but look how cool it is on my birthday card.  The swirly paper design was perfect for this!


The center Happy Birthday circle is from the All Around Phrases set and I finished it off with a button embellishment.  Both of these sets along with everything else is 40% off at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff!

Don't forget to stop by Lindsay's Blog for lots of how to's and freebies!  Have a great day :)

Challenges for this card:
Sparkles Forum-Anything Goes



Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Georgia Pacific white, Embossing Folder: Darice, button and gems from my supplies.

12 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Wow Karin, this is do clever and a great paper choice to work with the medallion.

Crafty Lynz said...

Hi Karin, great card. the effect is fab!

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs, Lynsey xx

Cheryl said...

AWESOME! This is so totally cool! Not only is your new doo-hickey cool, but the colors and papers you used are fabulous. Great card Karin!

sunghee said...

OMG~~~ This is sooo gorgeous! I want a video tut! =) LOVE IT!

EVIL twin said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!! I have SO got to buy one of these dies!

Thanks for joining our challenge at Amber's Crafts & Stuff.

((april))

Emily Leiphart said...

Karin, I have no idea how you did this but it's a masterpiece. WOW!!! My eyes just keep going around and around, admiring the beauty of this card.

Cor* said...

HOLY CRamOli! This is stunning! WOWZERS! That die really does the trick....totally 3D and makes me wanna dig for more image! LOL Thanks for playing along with our digi challenge at Creative Inspirations! Good luck!

Lindsay Weirich said...

pretty! I have similar templates called "diamond folding" and I loved them....but have not used them in years...I think I will get them out, you inspired me!

Cindi said...

oh, Karin, what a beautiful card!!
:)

Crafting Gill said...

Lovley card i love the effect thanks for joining us at SFC good lucl
GIll xx

Cindy said...

I really like the layout of this card - great job. Thanks so much for sharing your talent at the SSCC 'Anything Goes' challenge. C2

Laney said...

wow!! fabulous card hun!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Related Posts with Thumbnails