Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ladybug Get Well

Hi Everyone,

I have a get well card for you today that I made with one of the new stamps from DRS Designs.  I was happy to receive this new Caught a Bug Greeting stamp because it gave me the opportunity to use this cute Ladybug Stackup which I don't think I've ever had the chance to use yet on the blog.  It was colored with Copic and Bic Mark-its and accented with black Stickles.  I chose to use the dark gray Mark it, it let the cute smiley face come though on the ladybugs. Also, I heat embossed the sentiment, but I don't think it shows in the photo :(


Again I used the Polka Dot background stamp along the side and finished it off with a checked ribbon.  If you are interested in seeing another one of my bug themed get well cards, buzz on by the DRS Designs blog today!

Challenges for this card-
Stamps R Us-Bugs and Embossing
Totally Gorjuss-Bling it on (Stickles)

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Momento, Stampin' Up, Punch: Stampin' Up, Ribbon: Offray

10 comments:

Doreen said...

This is such a gorgeous card Karin.I love the ribbon.xxx

Kat said...

These ladybirds are so cute Karin, and that ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Lindsey said...

What an adorable get well card, Karin! White, red and black is such a great colour combo, and you've used it perfectly! :)

1CardCreator said...

Too cute Karin, love the glitter and love the red dot paper, really ties it together.

Collette said...

What a fun card - Love that image ... and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps R Us!

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, this is sooo cute, Karin! I love that stack of ladybugs and the heat-embossed sentiment.

Cheryl said...

CUTE! These lady bugs are so sweet! I love your mix of polka dots and ginham. It is so homey and comforting.

Jennifer E. said...

Adorable! Love the layout design!

Helen said...

Great card and the ladybirds are really cute!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

Helen x

Heike said...

This is a lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our fortnightly challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails