Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Happy Retirement

 Hi Everyone,


I'm using the new Brush Happy Retirement Greeting from DRS Designs on my cards today, and I created a couple of  scenes to go along with it.  

Here I stamped and die cut the sentiment and set it aside while I made the rest of the card.  Whenever I get overwhelmed at the thought of making a whole scene, I go small like I did here.  I stamped the Chair first, sponged on the sky, and then just drew in the grass.  I then used the Single Fall Tree and added a border.  My background on the other part of the card was stamped using the Splatter Background stamp in inks to match the scene.  A bit of sponging on the sentiment, along with a ribbon and a few punched leaves completed it.


For this card, I colored and die cut the Sleeping Gnome, and attached it to a background that had a sponged sky and a stamped grass using the Easy Grass Background.

 

I stamped the greeting at an angle and added the Silhouette Leaf Branch in the background, to finish it off.  
Napping.  Now there's an activity I can get behind!

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails