Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chip Clips

Happy Wednesday!



I have been hanging on to this empty Altoids tin for a long time, waiting for some sort of inspiration. I knew it had to be good, because they no longer make these tins with a flat lid. Total bummer if you ask me!





Well, since I am cheap, I mean thrifty, I never by Chip Clips. I always use binder clips or clothes pins. Well, guess what fit perfectly into this tin...?
Pretty neat! I couldn't leave them plain since I was making them for a gift, so I matched them to the outside of the box. I used patterned paper and Modge Podge on the tin and the clothes pins...





and then decorated the lid with ribbon. I added a shabby chic flower I made using a brad, small flower, and a scallop punch. I printed the words out from my computer. (See top photo.)






Hope you liked this slightly unconventional idea! Have a great day!

Details-Paper:DCWV, Accessories: Brad: JoAnn's, Small flower: Dollar Store, ribbon from my collection.

Edit:Entered into Artful Inkables challenge...


9 comments:

TannyP said...

This is brilliant, Karin! I bet the recipient loves it. The addition of the detail on the pins really ties it all together!

I, too, am thrifty and this is a fabulous example of recycled packaging!

Jacquel said...

You did a fab job on this Karin! I love it & tfs your *thrifty* ways!!!!!

Vicki said...

Karin, you are so clever! This is wonderful! Blessings to you!

Michelle Forrest said...

Cute as can be and I love this thrifty idea!

paige said...

Fun and useful project! TFS!

Deb Neerman said...

Adorable! And what a great idea, too!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, this is too funny because my mom uses these and we were just talking about her crazy invention today! Only hers aren't as pretty as yours! I'll have to make one for her! Thanks for the idea and for playing the AI challenge!

Crystal said...

This is so much fun, love your clips what a great idea!!! Thanks so much for joining us at AI's Think Ink Tuesday!!

Julie Ranae said...

What a clever idea...so glad you played along with us at Artful INKables!

Related Posts with Thumbnails