Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Laura!

This past Saturday was my fab friend Laura's B-Day! (If you've been reading, I told you I have alot of birthdays coming up!) She is the one who got me into stamping. I was like, "No, I don't think it's for me..." and she was like..."Just try it, and if you don't want to do it, you don't have to ever again..." LOL! Which one of us has a crafting blog now????


Anyway...Happy Birthday Laura!


Why is she a Fabby Friend??? Because she can do just about anything really well; she can sew, craft, bake... has an awesome house and husband and 4 fab kids. I jokingly said awhile back, "If she wasn't so nice, we would all hate her!" LOL! She has heart of gold and her love for Christ shines through in all she does.


Last week she garbage picked this old cassette holder, decided she didn't want it, and before tossing it, offered it to me. I am like a pig in mud over this freebie! Look....I even have room to spare...Love it!




So, to honor her, I made a Favor Cake and brought it to our ladies Bible study. I filled the slices with treats and everyone got to take one home. I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine swirl folder to make the "frosting" on top, and the ribbon roses were purchased at the craft store. (Yeah, I'm not that good!)



I also added a ribbon on the bottom of each slice...See below...




Sometime later in the week I will post pictures of the paper purse I made for her containing packets of tea...

Just so you know, last year on my birthday she bundled up her kids and they surprised me with a cupcake and gift and they all sang "Happy Birthday" on my front porch! (So memorable...I wish I had a picture of it.) This was very much appreciated by me since my B-day is around Christmas which just makes it a huge nuisance for everyone...including me!

Thanks for stopping by today...


2 comments:

TannyP said...

Holy shmackers, Karin! This is that coolest cake I've ever seen (in the zero calorie column). Awesome work - I bet they all loved it.

You're so crafty!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous "cake," Karin!! I know this awesome birthday treat made a huge impression on your friend as well!! How delightful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails