Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This N That

Hi Everyone,

I've been busy with life stuff, so I'm sorry to say that it's been keeping me away from blogging and regular visiting.  Every week I think, OK, NOW I'll finally get back on track and something else pops up.  I know you know what it's like, you have real lives too :)
Anyway, here's the scoop:
A couple of weeks ago we had a family baby shower that I made the favors for.  I took the idea from Erin Lincoln's blog, and used stamps from my stash to make these:






Here are a couple of photos from the shower:



Anna, the mom to be with my cousin Cathy and Charlotte. (My Dad's lady friend)


Cute cake!



Us with Cathy and my Dad.  I wish the light fixture wasn't growing out of my head :( .

Another thing I've been involved with is a charity sewing project that my friend Laura organized.  Jackie and her husband are going to work with the orphans in Sudan this summer, so Laura took a couple of patterns for what's called "Pillowcase Dresses", combined them and made her own in 4 sizes.  She asked me to make some simple tags to include with them, so since I don't sew I was glad to be able to help out in this small way.


Aren't the dresses darling?  All the material was donated.  I was amazed that with all of it coming from different people and places, that it all matched so well.


I warned you the tags were simple :)  Still, 200 of anything....


My book club meets next month for the last time until September.  The current pick is Lost December by Richard Paul Evans.  I'll give you the scoop when I'm finished.



Rod and I managed to squeeze in a visit to the Cleveland Art Museum to see the Rembrandt in America exhibit. It was well done and we learned that many paintings that were bought in the middle of the last century, are not his work.  Turned out much of it was done by his studio or students of his.  Go figure.


This one is authentic.

Went to a new place for breakfast on Sunday, Trendz. I know, right?  Sounds like a hair salon to me too.   Such a bad name.  The food was good, (I had a mushroom, spinach and cheese omelet. Yum! ) but I'm searching for a local place with a great cup of coffee along with my breakfast food!  This was not it.  Sigh.  I'm missing my coffee from Italy!  Look how pretty our room service coffee was...



I had the sprinkler system people out over the weekend for a start up and fix, I'm STILL waiting for the part to come in so my patio door can be fixed, (Ugh!  I hate not being able to open it and walk outside onto my deck and the time frame for this fix is June!) and last week my lawnmower died.  I would much rather shop for purses or crafty stuff, but it looks like it's the home improvement stores for me this week.

Lastly, I want to share a card that was made for us by our friends 6 year old daughter.  Greatest card ever... Sweet and from the heart.  Plus I love how she drew me all thin like :)


Ok, you're semi caught up.  Mostly I'm just tired of typing...lol!  I'll see ya when I see ya!

4 comments:

1CardCreator said...

So much going on girl! Loved those shower favors, the dessert in the background looks pretty yummy too! The tags you made to go with the dresses are beautifully done and well thought out. What a beautiful gift you have all give, Love your "skinny card too". Sorry to hear you will be shopping at Lowes, lol. Take care.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, I'm exhausted reading about what you've been up to! You're little favours are so cute - it must have taken ages!! Were there kisses inside? You're tags are adorable for the dresses - what a great cause.

Cheryl said...

Girl, I don't think I could make 200 of anything. You rock! The tags may be simple but they are sweet.

I love the adorable little baby shower favors too.

You are one busy lady!

Brenda said...

Love your little baby favors! The cake is adorable and the tags you made are just so frilly and girly for the dresses (what a cute pattern)

Related Posts with Thumbnails