Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Melt for You!

 
Hi Everyone,
What a week it's been since I last posted...Whew! It was exhausting and totally fun :) Before I share, let me show off a card that includes a couple of the latest stamps from DRS Designs. I think you'll agree, they are so super cute :)
The base was stamped with the Marshmallow Background, in a white pigment ink on a dark brown background. After stamping the Toasting Marshmallow and coloring it with my Copic markers, I die cut it with my Nestabilities Labels One die and added a bit of paper piercing around the layer for some interest.
The Mini Marshmallow was stamped multiple times to create that border piece and the I Melt for You greeting was layered in colors to match the card itself. Both of these stamps can be found in the new releases here. Looking back at this picture, I wish I had added a bit of glitter to the flames. How could I have let that go? Me and my love of bling...What was I thinking? Thank goodness the cuteness of the stamps make up for the lack there of :)
 
 
I mentioned in my post last week that DRS Designs was coming to a stamp show in the greater Cleveland area, and a couple of my design team mates and I were fortunate to be able to attend!
What a thrill it was to meet these talented ladies in person, as well as have the privilege of doing a demo with Jennifer our DT Coordinator at the DRS Designs booth.
Here is a photo of the booth (well, most of it anyway) and our demo/make n take area in the front.

 
It was so, so cool seeing my design team mates cards in person on that back wall. I know we all post them to the blogs, but there is nothing like seeing them up close. Wowza! So impressive!
And a close up of the Argyle Background and Argyle Diamond stamps that were our demo:
 
 
I love these stamps! I've used them so many times this year...I'm sure you recognize them from many of my recent cards.
 

And lastly, here is a photo of us. I think I promised Sue that I wouldn't put it on Facebook, but I don't remember promising not to put it on the blog...Ack! Please forgive me Sue ;) 

I was lucky enough to have Shelia and Jennifer stay in the area Saturday, so after the show they both came to my house for a night of food and stamping. I was in heaven! So. Much. FUN! It was midnight before we knew it! I only wish we all lived around the corner from each other, so that this could happen on a regular basis :) Next time it needs to be all of us DT ladies...Hear that, Julie, Pam and Janett??! You were missed :)
Thanks so much for peeking in on the blog today and remember to join us for our challenges every Thursday at the DRS Designs blog!
Have a good one :)
Karin
 

10 comments:

Monica said...

That card is the sweetest - what a touching sentiment and I love the background you created. Such a cool card. And what fun to be part of such a crafty gathering. You all look so happy and the booth looks awesome... Love the argyle stamp. Thanks for sharing all the fun you had. So happy for you - what better way for a crafter to spend time?????

Much love,
M

Donna Ellis said...

Karin, really cute - especially with the sentiment! Love the shading you've done. It's fun seeing you at the DRS convention booth. Wonderful photos!

Anne Temple said...

Such a cute card and I love how you created you border. Looks like y'all had fun at the convention too.

1CardCreator said...

Love the card and the pic of you all looks fabulous! Sounds like you had a blast!

Brenda said...

Such an adorable image!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Who doesn't like a marshmallow! He seems quite happy to be toasted too! Well as long as he's smiling - so am I! Super cute card.

April said...

I love your cute card! I know you had a great time at the show!

Barbara Bruder said...

What a darling card. It's always fun to meet the DT members in person!!

E. Marie said...

Adorable card and image. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Amanda R said...

What a cute card and how lucky you got to meet the girls and work at the stamp show. We are definitely gonna meet up some day Karin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails