Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On Mother's Day

Hi Everyone,
Well, I must say I feel on top of things regarding this holiday. Not only do I have a Mother's Day card finished and ready to share with you today, but I actually have my mother-in-law's gift purchased and ready to give! Woo-hoo :) I had a floral arrangement (silk, obviously) made for her coffee table. It was something she asked for at Christmas, but I wasn't able to make it happen. I'm famous for thinking, I gotta remember this idea for next time. And of course I don't. The exception being now...However, I like to think this is a turning point, and a sign that I might be more organized this year ;)
Anyway, I chose one of my favorite floral stamps from DRS Designs, the Dogwood Branch. I colored it with Copics, die cut it and added some Stickles. I chose the background stamps,
Three Butterflies and Background Branch and colored them to match the main image.
 
 
I embossed one of the die cuts and was so excited to find that my flowered ribbon fit in my punched border strip perfectly. I love happy accidents. Finally, I simply added the On Mother's Day greeting to finish it off.
As a reminder, the current challenge at DRS Designs is "Bows", so I hope you get a chance to enter!
Have a great day!


10 comments:

Julie Z said...

I love the pink, black, and white combo with a touch of green - so eye catching. And that happy accident with the strip is perfect - just pops right off the page and draws attention right to your pretty flowers! Great card Karin!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What an awesome card Karin. So cheery and bright. I love the little flower ribbon and the way you've made it pop on the border.

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful Mother's Day card. Love the embossed panel behind the pretty flowers.

Monica said...

It is soooooo pretty, Karin. The colour combo is striking and the ribbon looks so lovely. Glad that you could manage the gift for your MIL's birthday in good time.

Much love, Monica

PS: All the cards I made with your embellies sold off and I am hoarding the rest of the stuff until how long, God alone knows... Lol

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Karin! Love the border punch with the ribbon too! ~Diane

Judy said...

What a stunning MDC! The colors and design are just lovely.

xo

Gerlinde said...

This is beautiful, Karin! Love the two diferent backgrounds and the color combo! The dogwood is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I love the glittery accent in the center of the flowers and the pretty ribbon.


--Cheryl--

Diane said...

Very pretty glittery card design.

Regards Diane

E. Marie said...

So pretty!! Wonderful Mother's Day card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails