Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Happy Holly Days

Hi Everyone,

After a very mild fall in my part of the country, winter really came roaring in this weekend.  I definitely feel in the mood to show off some of the Christmas themed cards I've been working on.  

I colored up the Holly Jingle Bells stamp from DRS Designs, die cut it and matted it using my oval dies.  I added a dab of glitter glue to the berries and set it aside to dry while I began on stamping my background papers.  I always find it so satisfying to make custom, perfectly matched papers for a special project.

For the base background I used Easy Dot Background, stamping in dark red and green ink and then stamping on top of that using the Splatter Background in a yellow.  I then took those same ink colors and made a piece of plaid using the Woven Plaid Background stamp and added a punched border to it.  


I wrapped my background paper with a piece of matching ribbon, adding a button from my neglected button stash.  I then topped it with the plaid piece and adhered the image with dimensional tape.

I chose the new Holly Days Christmas Greeting and added that at an angle to finish off the card. 

Thanks so much for looking!
Karin






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails