Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

God Bless Your Retirement

Hi Everyone,

I often dream about what we will do when we hit retirement age, but it's a few years in the distance for us.  Winter in Florida? Travel? Buy a ranch? ( A one level house, not property with horses...lol!)  It's fun to think about, but at the same time I don't want to wish my life away.  So, while I'm living my life until then, I'll just have fun creating some cards with a retirement theme :)

It's a cream and black monochromatic card that I have for my share today, featuring the lovely God Bless Retirement Greeting that was stamped and die cut.

I created the background using the Polka Dot Flower and layered onto it a strip of Swiss Dot embossed paper and punched flower border.


For embellishment, I stamped the flower on black paper and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I fussy cut it, attaching it to the card with a piece of foam tape and adding a black gem.
Here is a close up:


Here's to everyone who's blessed to live long enough to make those retirement dreams come true!

Have a great day!
Karin


1 comment:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Karin, I just had to stop by and say your retirement card is very, very beautiful!! Love love the focal point flower!

Related Posts with Thumbnails