Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Pumpkin Patch

Hi Everyone,

Today I have the homeowner blues. Back in February of this year, I may have mentioned that my refrigerator broke, leaked and ruined my wood floors.  It was a long, messy haul getting new floors installed and a new fridge in place, but in the end everything looks lovely.  So imagine my horror when I came home to another leak in my kitchen and basement! Nooooooooooo......was my cry heard through the neighborhood.  I ran around like a mad woman, trying to find a shut off valve and I quickly called an emergency plumber (aka expensive plumber) who fixed what was broken regarding the plumbing, and promptly told me my dishwasher needs a new part. I have since found out the new part and fix will cost almost as much as a new one, so I will be hand washing dishes until I can get a new one installed.  Ah yes, home ownership!  A blessing and a curse ;)

Basically what I'm saying is, I need this sunny cheerful card as much as anyone today!  It features the new Pumpkin Patch stamp from DRS Designs, and it put me in a perfect mood for fall.  It was fun and easy to color and I simply die cut it and added a mat. 


The background was dry embossed with fall words and I added the empty frame for embellishment.  It was a scrap item that had been sitting on my desk and finding a use for stuff like that makes me happy too.  To finish the card I added a green ribbon and die cut some sunflowers to play off the the stamped image. 

Here's wishing you a sunny and happy day!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails