Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Goodbye Summer


Hi Everyone,

I knew I wanted to mark this time of year using the Goodbye Summer Hello Fall Greeting on a card, but I was struggling for ideas.  I had multiple ink pads out, pumpkin and leaf stamps, dies... and well, you name it! My table and mind were an overwhelming mess, so I pared it all down and ended up making a monochromatic card. Depending how you look at things, this took me either 2 hours, or an actual 20 minutes. 

The greeting was die cut and heat embossed, and I used the Fall Leaf with Acorn for the background and the fussy cut embellishment.


I wrapped a strip of leaf embossed paper with some plain twine, before attaching everything using dimensional foam dots.  

The card is much more fall than summer, but I'm ready to usher in the new season later this week!

Thanks for stopping by and check out all the stamps here at DRS Designs!

Karin 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails