Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scrapling

Good Morning!


I have to admit, this is a first for me.  I made a Scrapling!   Don't know what a Scrapling is?  It's a tiny card that measures 1 1/4"X 4 1/4" and it's named after that scrap of paper you have left over after cutting a traditional A2 sized card down to a square.
I decided to continue making summer themed cards, and I used Citrus Background (H193) and stamped it all over the base.  I then very casually colored in random fruits, leaving some open.  The cute drink came from Drink Line Up (G173) which I cut out and adhered.  The simple, but great sentiment Enjoy Today (C1145) pretty much sums up what we should all do more often!  Some matching ribbon finishes it off...I even took the photo of this cutie card on my deck outside. (wink)

Thanks for stopping in today, and continue reading below for all the details on the big June giveaway at DRS Designs!
DRS Designs will be giving away one free cling mounted stamp
every day in the month of June!

Here's what you need to do to enter:

Visit the DRS Designs online blog every day during the month of June.

You will be treated to some wonderful cards and projects

brought to you by our fabulous design team!

Simply leave a comment each day before 12 midnight (Eastern Time)

and you will be entered to win a free cling mounted stamp!

Winning entry will be announced the next day on the blog. Winners will have 7 days to contact DRS Designs via e-mail with their full name and address.

After 7 days, another winner will be chosen. Prize will be chosen by DRS Designs from our collection of original rubber stamp designs and will range in price from $7.00 to $10.50.

Participants must be over 21 years of age. One entry per day, per person.

Have Fun and Good Luck!!

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows:
Cupcake Craft-Summer Delights
Stampavie-Summer
Everybody Art Challenge-Summer
Penny's Challenges-Fruit or Veggie
Stamping with the Dragon-Summer

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Stampin' Up, Memento, Markers: Bic Mark its, Punches: Stampin' Up, EK Success and ribbon from my supplies.

12 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Karin, this is super cute! I love the fun summery colors!

Lorraine said...

love your bright creations..this one makes me want to go and have a drink of orange..hope you had a good weekend

sammi said...

How cute! I had never heard of these before! love this! Thanks so much for sharing your creative talents at Stamping With The Dragon! Hope you will play along with us, again, this Friday for a new challenge!

lindyloo said...

wow super bright and just perfect for are challenge at stamping with the dragon hope to see you on friday for a new challenge lindyloo

Belinda said...

A scrapling sounds like a great idea, and it can be used as a bookmark after it's been given away as a card. Yours is great--colorful and fun looking.

Cheryl said...

So cute and tropical - I love it! I need to make some of these!

Courtney said...

This is such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Unknown said...

Hi Karin, how are you doing? This scrapling is adorable hun! It kinda looks like a bookmark!

Alex said...

Yes, I will! Here is sunshine and it´s a great day - perfect to your card ;o)
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex

TannyP said...

I've always wondered about that =) Fabulous scrapling, Karin!

Nettie said...

Well they say you learn something new everyday and I didn't know what a Scrapling was until now. Very cute Karin.x

kaylou said...

Hi
great card and image ,thanks for joining us at stampavie and more.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails