Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ornaments


Hello Everyone!

The past couple of weeks, I have been helping a friend make ornaments for an event at her church.  These are no where near all of them...(literally numbered in the hundreds) but these are two of the papers she chose.

I thought they came out super cute, so I decided to make some for my friends and family and I used a cute snowflake image from the set Warm Winter by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff.


To make these, you will need:
2 strips of patterned paper 12" x 2".
Score each piece of strip at 1/2" all along the 12". Then fold accordion style.
Use sticky strip tape to adhere the 2 pieces together, inserting a piece of string at the top for hanging.
I used a dab of hot glue in the center of the rosette to hold it together and then just embellish as you wish.

The center circles measure 1 3/4" and 2" and the snowflake is embellished with a rhinestone and some glitter.

So, have you started making anything for Christmas this year?  I would love to know. 
Thanks for visiting!

Challenges this is linked to are as follows:
Crafty Pad-Snowflakes
I Did It Creations-Surprise Me
My Grafico-Christmas
Scrappy Frogs-Christmas
                                                                Crafty Catz-Christmas
Mami Doodles-Gift Item
Hodge Podge Shop-Anything Goes
Fresh Brewed Blog-Winter or Christmas
Inktegrity-Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp-Let it Snow
Creative Belli-R is for...(Rhinestone and Red)
Fab n Funky-Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters-Let it Snow

Details not listed above-Paper: GP White, Heidi Grace, Punches:Marvy, EK Success, Stampin' Up, Ink:Stampin' Up, Stamps:PTI, gems from my supplies



23 comments:

craftyb said...

WOW...making hundreds of accordian folds - thats dedication ladies!! lol They look fabulous though...in either colour and design - thanks for sharing the format! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

andrea said...

gorgeous project and lovely colours,not sure i would have the patience to make so many thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Ms. Jen said...

These medallions are so much fun. I love that you made it into an ornament! Thanks for joining us at The Hodge Podge Shop this week!

Hugs - Jen

uksharon said...

This looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Heather said...

Gorgeous, a perfect Christmas ornament, can't believe how many you made! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Laney said...

WOW!! These are fabulous!!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

These are just beautiful, and especially in the RED!! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!

Sharon said...

This is fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at F'n'F this week, and I hope you will join us next time for our Birthday Blog Hop.
Sharon x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Karin
A gorgeous creation,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Claudine Poch said...

Such cool ornaments! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome ornaments!! I just love them!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful such a lot of work but... simply gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments Christmas Challenge! Jo xxxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning ornament!! Love the pleats and design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light Snowflake challenge this week!!

Shazza said...

these are lovely, great idea. Thanks for joining us at Fresh Brewed x

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
What a nice ornament this is.I love that colour to.
Greetings,
Karin

Cheryl said...

Karin, these are so pretty!

Di said...

This is just gorgeous!love the rosettes!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxxx

TannyP said...

Wow! You are my hero, Karin! That looks like a lot of work but they're beautiful =) What a fabulous idea....I'm hoping to make these to decorate my treat exchange packages. As of yet, I haven't even made a Christmas card =(

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Karin, amazing ornaments!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Danke, dass Du mitgespielt hast! ;D I am German too :D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mami Doodles said...

Oh, so pretty, I love these concertina circles. Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

TinaB said...

Fabulous! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad! Don't forget to join us on Sunday for our 100th Challenge! Hugs Tina xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

More Gorgeous bling! Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Deb x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Ornies!
Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles

Related Posts with Thumbnails