Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Go For the Icing

Hi Everyone,

Last week I mentioned that I worked on my stash of birthday cards, well here is another one from that time I spent crafting.  I used an image of this yummy cake from the set Sweet Stuff from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff.  This time I chose to size the image small and use it as an embellishment. That's one of the best things about digital images in my opinion.

I had this sentiment that I haven't used in a while and I thought the two were a good match.  I just went ahead and took my color inspiration from my K & Company Paper that I used as a base for my card.

 

Here is a look at the entire set.


Are you interested in winning a set of Pro Markers?  I don't have any myself, so I entered the give away that Lindsay is having on her blog.  Just stop by this post to enter yourself.
Also, visit her today to grab your freebie that she always so generously provides. 

Have a great day! 

Challenges for this card:
Bearly Mine-Birthday
Digital Tuesday-Celebrations
Papertake Weekly-Anything Goes & Something not used in a long time
Woodware-Anything Goes
Stamps R Us-For the Girls
Paper Playtime-Anything Goes & a digi
Crafty Pad-Yummy for your Tummy
MyGrafico-Anything Goes

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Markers: Copic, Ink: Versafine, Ribbon: Darice, gems from my supplies

24 comments:

Margie said...

Yummy! GReat card-now I want some of that fab looking cake!

pinky said...

Yummy gorgeousness Karin, love the sentiment too.

Monica said...

So yummylicious! Love how everything is so perfectly coordinated. And the cute sentiment fits in just right.

xxx Monica

Doreen said...

I love the image and those wonderful Backing papers.xxx

Unknown said...

Soooooooo cute!

Micki said...

I just got this on my reader and had to come by (quickly am at work :-( ). This is adorable. love how you made the digi image small in comparison to the card. I always do big and then when I go to put a card together it doesn't always work. This card is great, the paper is awesome and works great yet doesn't take away from that cute cake. Yup definitely looks good enough to eat :-)

hugs

1CardCreator said...

Love how you used this as an embellishment! Your cards are always awesome!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

This is such a Sweet card! I love how you colored the digi image and really made your sentiment stand out. Very cute!

Nancy said...

Such an adorably, "sweet" card! Thank you for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Janis Lewis said...

Yummy! Great creation! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Carol L said...

This is cupcake CUTE! Love the dp and especially the amusing sentiment! Thanks for playing along with Stamps R Us this week!

Barbara said...

What a cute card. It made my chuckle!! I love the image, the DP and the cake! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this card, Karin! It looks good enough to eat and the sentiment is especially fun.

uksharon said...

Appertising card - love your colours.
Thank you for entering out blog hop - Good luck.
Sharon

Christy said...

I love the kid sentiment stamps. I have one that says "I wish my family could stop trying to pretend we're normal." I use it every chance I get!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at Bearly mine.....

Hugs
Judith

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Susan Raihala said...

LOL, I totally agree with that sentiment! What a fun card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

TannyP said...

What an awesome sentiment =) Super cute card!

Cheryl said...

This is the best sentiment ever! I totally agree! Your card is as adorable as always. :)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Loving your card and I agree with everyone the sentiment is priceless. Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad ‘Something Yummy For Your Tummy’ challenge this week. Hope to see you again on Sunday for a new challenge, & wishing you good luck in the random draw. The Navy Wife

Lindsay Weirich said...

pink and green are my fave color combo, they are absolutley yummy on this card!

sammi said...

Yummy! Such a fun card! Thank you for playing in our "Pink, Pink and More Pink" challenge, at Ooh La La.

Dawn said...

Lovely card! Great sentiment! Thankds for paying in the My Grafico monthly challenge!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails