Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Have a Sizzlin' Summer!

Hi Everyone,

I have tons of info in this post, so let's get right to it ok? 


This week it's Dots and Stripes.  If you didn't play along last week and get your free digi, just use any Hambo stamp and join the fun.  I went with a summer time theme on my card today, probably because I'm still waiting for the spring to arrive in these here parts. Let's just say I've been using an umbrella for something besides shade! lol.  Want to know a secret?  After coloring my stamped image, the blue in the umbrella totally didn't match the blue in the paper.  So instead of coloring a second image, I just colored the umbrella and paper pieced it on top :)  Yippee for an easy fix!

Here are the stamps I used for this nautical themed baby.


#2.  My term for Hambo Stamps is coming to a close and the powers that be have put out a design team call for a new group.  So, if you have always wanted to be a Bacon Bit ( Don'tcha love that name?!) details can be found here. 

#3. It’s a Hambo Blog Hop! And you can join us!

Our jammin’ theme is “Hamming it Up At the Movies.” Using any Hambo image, either rubber or digital, create a project that represents and depicts a movie title. Maybe it’s your favorite movie, or maybe it’s one that you don’t even like. Whatever it is, we want to see your movie creations!

The hop is scheduled for Friday, May 20, and is set to go live at 7:00 AM CST. All blog hop posts must stay at the top of the page for that whole day. A prize will be awarded to the customer whose movie-themed creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way! The winner will be announced on the Hoedown blog, as well as on the Hambo blog on Wednesday, May 25.

If you are interested in participating, please email Judy at hambodesignteam@gmail.com
 by 11:00 PM CST on Wednesday, May 11. The blog hop order will be emailed to you on May 16.

Sample blog copy for the hop will be available after you sign up, if you desire to use it.

Come to the movies with us and thanks for visiting today!

Challenges for this card:
Frosted Designs-Stripes and Dots
Crafts 4 Eternity-Anything Goes
Paper Cutz-Anything Goes
Digi Doodle-Anything Goes

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Cosmo Cricket, Ink: Momento, Markers: Copic, Twine: Martha Stewart, brads from my supplies.

18 comments:

TannyP said...

This is fabulous, Karin! I love the colors and your use of the twine. Perfect papers and that stamp rocks! This card makes me definitely think of a beachy summer =)

Emily Leiphart said...

What a great card, Karin! The colours are perfect for the beachy feel and the twine ties into the lifesaver nicely.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, I love the muted colors looks so rich this way. Love the sentiment too!

Monica said...

Such a nice image that is Karin... and everything along with it looks just PERFECT!

xxx Monica

pinky said...

Thats just gorgeous Karin, love the colour scheme. Thanks for playing along with us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Hannah Clark said...

I really love the colours on this one! This card is just fantastic! Love the image, your colouring, everything!

Silli said...

awww, what a pretty image Karin, love your coloring and I love the twine...HUGS

dj1952 said...

Great card! I can just see the lifeguard taking a break and strolling down the beach. Hopefully he doesn't have to get wet. LOL. Thanks for joining us at DDSB and we look forward to seeing you agsin. Hugs, dj

Kristie W. said...

Very nice nautical card! The twine is a fabulous accent. Good save on the umbrella! Thanks for playing along with PaperCutz!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the card. The twine and those stars give it the perfect nautical look!

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
It is a long time since I've been on visit. I've mist a lot of nice cards you have made de past time. I like your Spotlightcard a lot and this one is just right for our Northsea coast. And the weather is also right for a swim but the Coastguards are on post only from 15 june on. So your card is right... the chair stays empty.. hi, hi.
Have a nice and sunny day,
Karin

Lindsey said...

Love this card! I'm waiting for summer, too, sigh... :P

Erin Reed said...

what a great project!! thanks for playing at frosted designs!!

Lydia said...

Really cute Karin! I love the stripes of the twine as well as the others. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!
Lydia

michele said...

fabulous card! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x

Monica Hunter said...

I love this layout, and how you incorporated the challenge elements of dots & stripes. Great job, as always! :)

Melissa said...

That is one of my favorite stamps! I love your coloring AND the color palette you used! Takes me to the beach in my mind! LOVE IT!

Cheryl said...

Awesome card! I love your perfectly colored image. The papers you used are so nautical and just perfect. I so want to be in this scene!

Related Posts with Thumbnails