Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Autumn Card and a Cat Tale

Hi Everyone,


Well, I'm on my last day of sick cat duty.  Woo Hoo!   My sister in law and family fly back home from vacation, and I will be picking them up from the airport.  While I do this, my mother in law will pack up the cat and takes it back home to greet it's loving family.  I'm thrilled to have given my last insulin shot and antibiotic to Tiger.  (Named after the dog in the Brady Bunch, by the way.  I think that's so funny!)  I'm also happy never to go back to that vet again. (3 times in 6 days...UGH!) Between sick cat duty twice a day, cleaning and doing laundry for my dad and spreading mulch in my awful looking yard, this week held little fun. So, TGIF!

Now on to crafty business...Yay!

While I hate to see summer start to wind down, I do love fall here in Ohio.  We have a wonderful park system and the variety of trees make for a spectacular show of color. That's what inspired my card today made with stamps from Sparkle and Sprinkle and lucky for you, it's one of the sets that is on special this month!  In fact, all Halloween and Thanksgiving images are 15% off.  The set is named Autumn Swirl and I stamped the Swirly Maple in Versamark and sprinkled it with Clear Detail embossing powder before heat setting it.  Then I pulled out some leaf brads from my supplies and added them to simulate leaves falling from the tree.


I wanted to show off some of the colored embossing powders carried in the Sparkle and Sprinkle store, so I stamped the Swirly Maple Leaf  in Versamark again, 4 separate times and used the following embossing powders in Autumn colors:

Everything is held together with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape.  I like it so much more than that red sticky tape.  Why?  Because you can actually tear it, and not have to fumble with scissors and try and cut it. Totally user friendly, really!

I love the sentiment too (Loveliest Smile), so fitting to use with the multicolored leaves; fall is the last hurrah of the year.  Now, if I could just make it last longer and make winter a tiny bit shorter, all would be well :)

Thanks for the visit and hope all is well in your world!

Challenges for this card;
Cooking it up with Katie-Recipe-Old, New & Favorite Technique
Crafts and Me-Anything Goes
For Fun Challenges-Anything Goes
Kelly's Kids-Anything Goes
Crazy Amigo-Anything Goes
Paper Take Weekly-Anything Goes and Metal
Craft Your Passion-Anything Goes
HLSC Challenge-Anything Goes

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Unknown source, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Punches:EK Success

23 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

Glad you made it through sick cat duty!! It is a tough duty to have!!
I love your card and while I don't want to wish away summer, I am ready for the cooler weather of fall!! Blessings and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well! I remember that dog from the show, I don't remember seeing him all that much though.
Your card is beautiful, the leaves added under the tree are so pretty and I love the quote. Fall is very much one of my favorite times of the year.
Have a peaceful day.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Karin.Thanks for sharing this with us at Kelley Kids.xxx

Bonna Kelley said...

Oh this is very pretty. Love the autumn colors and the sparkles. Beautiful jog!
Thank you for joining us at the Kelley Kid's Challenge Blog.
Best of Luck,
Bonna

Helen Dooley said...

That poor kitty looks so sad in that picture. He'll be happy to get his family home.
SO LOVE this card! This is great. Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

pinky said...

Girl you have had a week of it lol. No way could I have looked after that cat:( Love your card though, making me think of autumn now, which is not far away:(

Katie said...

Gorgeous Autumn card, I'm wishing for the cooler days!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Karin! Love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Amanda R said...

Happy for you and the cat! Poor thing, can't even explain to them what is going on. Lovely card, fall will be here before we know it!

Chris said...

you're a dear to babysit a sick cat. I had a diabetic cat and I hated to leave it for a vacation, lucky for me my bro and sis-in-law are cat lovers.
I love autumn colors and leave stamps. So this is a favorite card for me. thanks for playing with us at Cooking It UP With Katie.

earthspirit927 said...

OH how I am ready for fall:) Love your card:)Thank you for joining us this week for Anything Goes at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good luck and have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa

Pam said...

Is it Friday the 13th? Am I the only one w/that calendar? Got distracted...see comment below ;) <3 ya and happy w/e!

Hazel said...

Your blog post reminds me of the few days my husband and i spent in toronto during the fall. The trees were spectacular just like your card.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion for our anything goes challenge. Good Luck,
Hazel
GDT August

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous card, Karin! So elegant with the EP colors you chose. I love SnS EPs and that tape is my all-time favorite. I've quit using anything else since I discovered it.

Lindsey said...

Sick cat duty = no fun. Now this card = fun, because it's so striking!

lisbeth said...

Love your card, thanks for joining us at Cooking it up this week

Cheryl said...

Whew! By the time I read this, sick cat duty should be done. Congrats on making it through! I know dealing with sick animals, especially other peoples pets, can be tough.

Your card is wonderful. I love how you used the leaf brads.

TannyP said...

Oh wow! Those embossing powders are gorgeous! That combination of stamps is just beautiful and you've definitely highlighted the product =)

Glad to hear you'll be done with sick cat duty - that sounds like an awful week!

crafty amy said...

This is a beautiful card :D Sounds like you had your handsful with the cat.
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hope kitty is better! Your card is very Autumny. Thank you for using the EPs so brilliantly!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card. Love those Autumn colours x

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Emily Leiphart said...

Poor cat! Tiger does not look happy at all! You are so sweet to care for him. Your fall card is gorgeous! I love those colours.

Kathy D. said...

I like that just a little bit of pp is peeking out. love how you did the brads.
Thanks for playing at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you today when the new challenge is posted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails