Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peppermint Patty Purse

Hi Everyone,

It's rare that I post anything other than cards with my DRS Designs stamps.  Today is an exception...Yay!  I was playing around with ideas for party favors, and inspired by my own nugget purses that I made here, I decided to update the idea for use with a Peppermint Patty.  :) :) :)

Anyway, I used my favorite Polka Dot background stamp ( I swear I could use that on everything I make...It's just great!) and one of the unique stamps sold by DRS Designs named Flourish Ribbon Slide. I stamped it, embossed it with gold powder to simulate a clasp and then cut it out.  Isn't is cool?  I think these would make a great shower, or birthday party favor don't you?


Here is a closer look.  All I did extra was round the corners of the fold over part. 


Here are some other details if you want to make it for yourself.

Cut paper to 5 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Score at 1" & 3".
Make handle with a scrap piece of matching paper. 
Secure everything with glue dots.

Super easy! 

OK, I have a busy week.  Forgive me for not coming to visit and enjoy the dwindling summer days :)

Challenges for this project:
Hooked on Crafts-Sweet Treats
Paper Playtime-Anything Goes
Crafty Pad-Cute and Girly
One Stitch at a Time-Anything Goes
AllSorts-Anything but a Card

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Stampin Up!, Versamark, Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede, Ribbon from my supplies.

17 comments:

Nicola said...

Gorgeous little purse Karin with some beautiful details!
Thanks for joining our Anything but a card challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Monica said...

SOooooo pretty! Love the bright details and that gold button (flower) is simply very striking.

xxx Monica

Amanda R said...

What a cute idea and it can be personalized so easily! Definitely need to try but will probably keep the chocolate for myself...

Hazel said...

It's beautiful and the colours are great. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

Samantha said...

This is adorable Karin! Great job!

Dawn said...

Very Girly!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Cute & Girly Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

1CardCreator said...

This is just too too cute!

TannyP said...

A super cute purse AND it contains a peppermint patty?! My address is...

This is so cute, Karin! Nice work =) I love the ribbon and polka dots.

Debs said...

Super cute - love the polka dots.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous purse,love the colour...Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Crafts hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Fleur said...

This is a lovely idea, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Deb said...

what an adorable little purse, lovely colors and great embossing, thanks so much for joining our 'anything goes' challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time--Have a great weekend
Debs
xxx

Made by Mandy said...

What a fabulous little gift package and your embossed rubber stamp looks great as a bag clasp.

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Donna Ellis said...

How adorable! Perfect for holding a gift card!

Cheryl said...

Cute little purse! I love the details you added.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Karin! I love the embossed buckle.

Chrissy D said...

What a Cute little purse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails