Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Extending Sympathy

Hi Everyone,

I'm popping in today with a sympathy card made with a couple of the newest stamps from DRS Designs. I already know that this Dogwood Branch stamp is going to be a go to favorite of mine. It's simply beautiful, no matter what colors you choose to make the flowers :) I colored mine with Copics and added Stickles to the centers for a bit of embellishment.



I created my backgrounds using Interlocking Circles and Woven Plaid. The Interlocking Circles were stamped 3 times using, orange, green and yellow inks. The Extending Sympathy stamp is also from this newest release.

I hope you had a great weekend.  My husband has been battling a nasty cold that seems to be making the rounds with everyone in these parts.  My fingers are crossed that I don't catch it.  Even so, he was a good sport and took me out to dinner at Delmonico's on Saturday night.  The steak was delicious, but the service left much to be desired :(  When the entree arrived, and I wasn't done with my salad, they just took it away!  NEVER has that happened to me in a restaurant before.  Especially one with these kind of prices.  Very weird.  Very rude.

Thanks for dropping by the blog today and be sure to check out the DRS Designs store and all the newly released stamps.

Have a great day!

Challenges for this card:
My Time Made Easy-Color Challenge
2 Sisters-Spring Colors
All Sorts-Say it with Flowers
Crazy 4 Challenges-Spring as Inspiration
Our Creative Corner-Tic Tac Toe (Yellow, Glitter, Flowers)

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!, Markers: Copic, Ribbon: American Crafts, Punch: Martha Stewart, Die: Spellbinders, Flowers: Darice

20 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Karin. I love the ribbon and punch combo and the coloring is perfect!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful coloring on the flowers Karin. Love the backgrounds too!

Brenda said...

Very beautiful card! Love your colors.

marion said...

Such a lovely card made !! Love how you show us your flowers. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck. Hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Beautiful stamping and beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

A lovely card for a sad occasion. Hopefully it will make someone smile. The colors are so pretty and I love the circles and plaid. And of course, the flower image is beautiful. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

craftymum said...

A great card for a sad ocassion
Thank you for joining us at HSC craft for our "Ribbon" challenge

hugs sarah x

TannyP said...

That really is a beauty! The sparkle is perfect. I adore those papers and that stamp is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about that awful service...what a disappointment. Hopefully not a regular occurance!

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! I always seem to go monochromatic and CAS for sympathy cards, but this works really well. Hope this is a just-in-case for your stash, and not because you need it right away.

Unknown said...

THis is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at 2 sisters!

Amanda R said...

This is so elegant Karin, just gorgeous coloring and the flowers are a nice touch. Hope your hubby feels better soon but I guess better to be sick now and get it over with than later huh?

Cheryl said...

This is such an elegant sympathy card. I love this image too. You really showcase it beautifully.

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous, Karin! It's a beautiful card, to match a beautiful lady. The colors and papers are quite unusual, yet very touching. Thanks for sharing.

Gina Lindsay said...

Hopefully your hubby is on the mend. I just hate bad service in a restaurant. I can't believe you took your salad! I eat very slowly and they usually offer to take my salad when they bring the food, but I don't think I have ever had someone just take it. Your card is so pretty, I love that stamp too. Your papers are a perfect match too!

Judy Rozema said...

Karin, this is so pretty and encouraging!

Mummylade said...

wonderful work Karin! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Romaine said...

Hi Karin, lovely image and beautiful colouring on the flower branch! Thanks for joining us this week at MTME pretty palette. I hope you will join us again! :0)

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful image and couloring. Love your card. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

Monica said...

Hope you haven't got that cold from hubby, Karin. Sorry that the experience at that restaurant was not pleasant... that has happened so many times to me, though.
This card is so elegant... those nesties make it look so formal. Love the white flowers.

Monica xxx

Lisa Kind said...

Pretty card! I love that dogwood image too! Very nice layout, too! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails