Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Count Your Blessings

Hi All,
 
If you feel like you've seen this card before, well you haven't.  Not exactly.  I mentioned that
DRS Designs is the sponsor over at the 365 Cards blog this week, and one of the days was this sketch
challenge. 
 
 
I knew I had to play along, because it's one of my favorite card layouts ever.  I've used it a million (only a slight exaggeration) times, but I love it because it works with so many stamps.  Even with a larger stamp like the Fall Leaf with Acorn here.  I used it for the background paper, and also the little focal squares.
 

 
I added the sentiment named Count Your Blessings and my last orange epoxy sticker left on the sheet.   Yay!  I love using things up :)

I hope that you get a chance to play along!  Have a great day...

Challenges for this card:
Anything Goes-Make you own background paper
A & T Emerald Fairies-Punches and Dies

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ribbon: American Crafts, Punch: Stampin' Up!, Markers: Copic, Ink: Memento

19 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is an adorable little card Karin!

Monica said...

Hey Karin, you love using things up while I love hoarding... haha...

This card is SUPER lovely... love the take and the sentiment. Very elegant.

Monica xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card and very effective use of the stamp, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Karin, love the contrast between the colored in and not.

emma mitchell said...

Gorgeous card , I love the autumnal colours and your fab design . Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Hugs Emma xx

Jennifer E. said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the pop of color on the leaves.

Suzie's Card Den said...

Great card, I love your background
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Lindsey said...

Perfectly done! Such a great autumn card.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is a great layout, I wouldn't have thought to use it with larger stamps, but that looks great too. Love seeing the fall colors!

Rose said...

love your stamping and fantastic take on the sketch :)

Rose 365 Cards DT

Jules said...

Great card and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs (EFG). Good Luck xoxoxo

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh what fun, I'm teaching a fall themed card class this week and it's all about leaves, so love this. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

Cheryl said...

Ooooh, I love this! The leaves are gorgeous. I love your stamped background.

Manderly said...

Beautiful! I love that sketch and your rendition of it. Using the same stamps as background paper was a great idea! Thanks so much for entering A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge! Hope to see your talent in our next challenge too.
Manderly
xxxooo

wendipooh13 said...

sooo pretty and ready for fall!! LOVE all the colored leaves!!! thanks soo much for playing with 365 Cards!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. Love the way you showcase different uses of the same stamps.. Lovely :)
Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

Amanda R said...

Love the use of the kraft cardstock Karin and fall will be here before we know it.

E. Marie said...

This is a great card layout and I love what you did with it. Has a wonderful Fall look and love the splash of color with the leaves.

Julie Z said...

Love this look! The beautiful natural colors with the four images in bright colors - perfect! Just beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails