Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sending Happy Thoughts

Hi Everyone,
DRS Designs is the sponsor this week over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  So if you want a chance at a $10.00 voucher, link up your card and play along.
Here is the verse for this week:

John 14:1-6 "Do not let your heart be troubled;believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am , there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going."

So the challenge is to make a card that says, "HOME" to you. 
This is a card I made for a blog friend a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would support the challenge with it today.  Since daises are one of the flowers in my yard that the deer didn't eat this year, I always think of my home when I see them anywhere. And being at home always makes me happy, so the sentiment fits too.

Here are the two stamps I used on today's card:
And a better shot of the Stickles I used.  (I know, I use them a lot :))

Thanks for stopping by today :)  Have a good one!

Other Challenges for this card:
Paper Pretties-Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge-Black, white & one other color
Victorine Originals-Bling
Whoopsi Daisy-Anything Goes
Catered Crop-Use White
No Matter Which-Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time-Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays-CAS & Sentiment
Casual Fridays-CAS & Square

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Marker: Copic, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ribbon from my supplies.

24 comments:

TannyP said...

Wow - I love these daisies, Karin! Your sparkle and dimension on the popped up one are perfectly stunning. Such a fabulous sentiment banner, too. Great job!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card, Karin! Stickles are _meant_ to be used a lot, aren't they? :D

Shona Erlenborn said...

Simply gorgeous Karin!

Donna Ellis said...

Cute! Looks great with the daisy image popped up, and just a hint of bright yellow here and there. Happy is right!

Miradormakings said...

Fabulous card i love the daisy pattern. Thank you for joining Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Monica said...

So pretty Karin, the daisies smile and the touch of yellow is perfect to add to the sunny sentiment...
You ate such a selfless giver - am blessed that our paths crossed...
Hugs,
Monica

Jennifer E. said...

Such a cheerful card! Thanks again for making my day! ;-)

May said...

Stunning card.. fabulous design & detail.. those daisies are brillant!! Thanks for joining us at whoopsi daisy.. May x

Jenny said...

Such a wonderful card, I love the monochromatic colour scheme with that punch of yellow for the flower centres :0)
So glad you shared your creativity with us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

1CardCreator said...

Great card Karin, I love the B&W and the yellow highlighter too! Looks so fabulous!

Helen said...

Love your card! Those daisy's are gorgrous and the added sparkle makes them twinkle! :) Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! ~H

Anonymous said...

Love those big white daisies and the popped up glittering gives it great dimension :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Berit Synnøve said...

Wonderful card. Love how your daisies is popping up. Fabulous.
Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
Hugs Berit

Suzanne said...

LOVE the glitter and that daisy image. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this. Daisies are my favorite flowers. Love the stickles on that popped up flower.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
Claire xx

Daisychain said...

A great card, love the simplicity and sparkle of this. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

New Daisy & Friends At Christmas CD launching at 10.00am (UK time) Sunday 19th August on Create & Craft.

Amanda R said...

Karin this is so pretty! I love the daisy background and then how you popped one up and glittered it (I am addicted to stickles too). I hope your friend enjoyed it!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Rachelle

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous card! Your image is fabulous and I love the little hints of colour, very effective :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, love the glimmer on it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Ali said...

What a gorgeous card. Simple and striking, I love the image and the touch of dimension.

Thanks for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT. :)

Ali

Traci M said...

I really like this oh-so-sweet daisy card...the design is perfect and the stickles add soo much!! So appreciate you joining in the SSiC challenge this week!! Wishing you a blessed week!

Cheryl said...

Karin, this is so pretty! I love the simplicity of the design and the dimension on the one daisy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails