Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Popcorn Snowmen

Hi Everyone, 
 
Every year I make a small something for all the people in my husband's area at work.  I've made boxes of covered Hershey Nuggets, handmade dish soap, Santa candy bars, stamped on candles, well you get the idea. Time was quickly running out, when I remembered an idea I saw last year.  Popcorn snowmen! That wrapper had a pre-printed face, but I decided to make mine with punches instead.
 
The eyes are 3/4" circle punch and the mouth is 1/2" punch. The carrot nose was just hand cut and all glued on using the Dimensional Glue (539) from Sparkle N Sprinkle. It comes in a bottle with a small pointed opening, which was perfect for all those little circles. It's also a little thicker, not runny and stays in place. It made completing these in front of the TV a snap :)
 
 
The hats are just a pair of stretchy gloves tied off with a bit of seam binding to make the fingers into fringe.
 
 
And there they are.  All 66 of them :)
 
 
 Rod passed them out yesterday and said they were a big hit.  In fact, we were at a company function at the beginning of the month and I was introduced to one of his co workers.  She said, "Oh, so you're the one who makes the cute stuff for us every year."  When Rod promptly said, " Hey, what makes you think that it's not me?" lol.  Anyway, since the gifts are just small tokens, it really was sweet to think that the gesture is appreciated.
 
So, if you need a last minute gift-y, or an idea for next year...There ya go!
 
Merry Christmas!
 


9 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

OMG! What a cute idea! Yep, I've bookmarked it for next year! :-)

Anne Temple said...

So cute!! What a great idea (now only to remember it next year :-). ) Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Brenda said...

These are totally adorable!!! Love how you made the hats with gloves! I can see why they were a hit....

Cheryl said...

These are just darling! You are so sweet to make little gifts for every one in the office.

Merry Christmas!

Donna Ellis said...

how CUTE! You've been busy - can't believe all those little knit gloves LOL - Merry Christmas, Karin.

Mary Ann said...

Super,Super cute!Merry Christmas...

Janett said...

Karin, These are super cute, anyone would be happy to get one. Adorable.

1CardCreator said...

Love these Karin, great idea and a wonderful way to let them know you are thinking of them!

Amanda R said...

Very cute and kudos to you, 66 of them! Rod had better be very grateful to have a wife as awesome as you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails