Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snow Fun Challenge

Hi Everyone,
 
I feel like every time I write a blog post, I need to apologize for my lack of posting around here.  The holidays are super busy for most, and that includes me too, but last week my router/modem thing-y decided to give out.  Ugh.  Took me a bit to get back online, but here I am.
 
Our challenge at the DRS Designs blog is titled "Snow Fun", so if you need to do some holiday card making catch up, now is the time to create and link up!
 
I used the Penguin Snowball Blast for this card, along with the Interlocking Snowflakes and
Warm Wishes greeting. The middle strip was made with the Woven Plaid background stamp, a real favorite of mine this time of year.  A big thank you goes out to Jennifer, for letting me use her embossing folder for this card :)
 
 
I actually went and added some Stickles to the snowballs after I took this photo, so it looks a little less plain now.  In my eyes anyway.
 
Over the weekend I took my friends daughter to the Painted Penguin at the mall.  You pick out whatever you want from the stock on hand, they give you the paints and when you're done, they seal it for you.  We made a penguin, snowflake, ladybug and something for her "#1 DAD".
 
 
 
 
Then while we waited for them to dry, we grabbed some lunch, had a visit with Santa, and took this photo.
 
 
I probably could have saved myself a lot of $ and only taken her to Best Buy to get my new modem.  She was thrilled just trying out everything in the store :).
 
 
It was a great day and totally reminded me of when my nieces were young. Sigh. So wrong how time flies.  I loved feeling like I was 7 again, at least for a few hours :)
 
Well, that's it for now and you can check out all of the newest stamps from DRS Designs by clicking here!
 


13 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Love your card and the embossed background. That plaid background stamps looks like it needs to be on my wish list too - very cool.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Totally loving that plaid background. Thought it was fabric (thus the woven name - huh?) Great little card - and what fun you had with your little friend. Love the little penguin!

April said...

What a cute card! And what fun with this sweet little girl!

Samantha said...

What a fun card, Karin and what a fun day you had! I think there were two lucky girls at the mall that day!

Brenda said...

Love the little pengie card and thanks for sharing for your fun day with your daughter :)

Donna Ellis said...

Not only have you created a darling DRS card, but you have your sweet little self in the post, too! I always love seeing your smile. Looks like you enjoyed a fun day with your friend's daughter!

Monica said...

That plaid background adds so much character to the card... sorry that you had modem problems. Gosh, how much we depend on technology now-a-days.
What a kind lady you are to take your friend's daughter out for some fun. It will be such a nice memory for her.
And her penguin is so cute and she herself seems a delight. Your picture with her is lovely.
I have hoarded all the lovely Christmas stuff you sent me... lol. Will use it next year.
Much love,
M

Lindsey said...

Sorry for your computer woes -- glad everything's up and running again! Love your little penguins! And that great embossed background layer.

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card Karin, I bet you are the "favorite" Aunt even now that they are all grown up. Looks like you 2 gals had a great time, you are such a sweet person!

Judy said...

Hey Karin,

Totally love your Penguin card...it's adorable! And, I loved reading about your day with your friend's daughter...it really does look like you both had a blast!!

xo
Judy

Julie Z said...

What a cute and fun card Karin! And it looks like you and your little friend had a wonderful time creating and hanging out on your outing!
I love how you include little personal touches on your blog every now and again - such a lovely treat!

Amanda R said...

Your card is so cute and what a great friend you are to take her with you for the day. I am sure you created a lot of wonderful memories that day.

Cheryl said...

It looks like you had such a fun packed day. She is a cutie!


Your card is adorable! I love these penguins. Great design, especially with your use of white space and the embossing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails