Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blooming Easter

Hi Everyone,
Easter isn't too far off, so I thought I would share another card that I made celebrating this awesome spring holiday. The card took shape because I wanted to use up these pink, store bought flower embellishments. I began by choosing the Blooming Easter Greeting which I stamped in Versamark, embossed and die cut. Perfect match for the velum blossoms I thought. After adding some pink sponged ink, I layered it on another die cut, echoing the petals of the flowers.
 
 
 
 
The background was made by stamping the Interlocking Flowers on one side and the Script Font Background down the other, and I covered the space where they met with a piece of ribbon and lace. Sweet, simple and (almost) monochromatic.

Have you sent in your guess for our Stamp A Versary contest yet? All the clues were listed in in
this post and you can see the prizes and enter your guess here. You have until March 16th....Good Luck!

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Pretty pastel Easter card, Karin - those vellum flowers are gorgeous! Did you make those pretty flowers? Monochromatic cards like yours are so elegant. hugs, de

Brenda said...

Love the pretty flowers - what a lovely Easter card.

1CardCreator said...

So soft and gorgeous Karin! ~Diane

Monica said...

So fresh and pretty, Karin. Love your double stamped background. Very creative. Something very charming about this card.
Love,
Monica xxx

E. Marie said...

I would want to use those lovely flowers, too. They are perfect around this lovely sentiment.

Amanda R said...

This is lovely Karin, so elegant with the soft pink and the vellum flowers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails