Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Poppy Birthday

Hi Everyone,

I took my little 9 year old friend to see the movie Cinderella (Super sweet, by the way!), and I did something I haven't done in a very long time.  I bought movie theater popcorn!  With all the reports about how bad it is for you, I generally shy away from it, but it's hard to resist a kid :) Mmmmm....Let me tell ya, it was worth the indulgence.  And it gave me inspiration for today's card share.

I wanted to make a birthday card using the Bowl of Popcorn from DRS Designs, so I began with stamping, coloring and fussy cutting my image.  I created background papers using the Popcorn and Splatter Background stamps and added a bit of ribbon trim to match.  I then layered my image onto some die cuts, but I needed a sentiment for the front.

I chose the Hoppy Birthday Greeting, and changed it to fit the theme of my card.  I used a bit of tape to mask off the H in the first word and stamped and colored my greeting.  I then stamped it a second time on a piece of scrap paper and fussy cut the letter P, adding it to the beginning.  So cute.  It even looks like the greeting is popping around!

Thanks for "popping" by and in the words of Cinderella, "Have courage and be kind."

Have a great day!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails