Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Faith

Hi Everyone,

Seeing that it's the week leading up to the Easter holiday, I thought I would show off a faith based card today that uses stamps from DRS Designs.  Originally I thought this could work as a sympathy card, something to offer hope at a dark time in someone's life, so I chose deep muted colors when designing it.

I stamped the Open Bible in brown ink and the I Am The Resurrection Greeting over it in navy blue.  I die cut it using rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies,  layering the sentiment panel on a script embossed  background.

The background panel was stamped using the Splatter Background stamp in the same brown ink and I stamped the Dandelion Puff a few times in blue. Stamping the flower once, and then again before re-inking it, is what gives it that subtle shadow effect.

 
All this was layered onto a navy blue card base and I added a matching bow. 

Thanks for visiting and if you celebrate, I wish you a Happy Easter!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails