Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy Easter

Hi Everyone,
 
  March is officially here and that means Easter is coming up soon.  Like end of this month soon...And I hope the weather is warm enough to see some early flowers popping up :)  If not, I can always rely on some lovely spring time flower stamps to bring in the cheer!  

I was going to feature the Happy Easter Cross on my card today, but I had also colored the Easter Lily and  Crosses Oval stamp.  Instead of using them separately, I worked it out and fit them both on the same card, using one as the sentiment.  The were both die cut and colored with different Copic markers, so I challenged myself to make a background that would tie the two together.  

I chose to make a splattered watercolor background using yellow, green and purple dye ink, by inking up a piece of plastic and spraying it with water.  I then smooshed my paper all over and let it dry before running it through my Cuttlebug in a dogwood flower folder.
 
 
 
I added a scrap of yellow card stock to the bottom and a purple ribbon covers up the seam.  I finished it by adding some glitter to the flowers and 3 matching gems.

Happy Easter & Happy Spring!
Karin
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails