Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spring

Hi Everyone,

I know the calendar says that spring is here, it just doesn't feel like it outside.  I even had some snow this past weekend, so to cheer myself up, I used the Spring is Coming Greeting on my card today.  After stamping it, I used an oval die to cut and mat it, adding a bit of yellow sponged ink to give it a sunny look.

For my background, I used blue paper for the sky, stamped a row of greenery along the bottom portion using the Four Flower Stamp, and added a piece of green paper stamped with the Easy Grass Background which was adhered on top.  Finally I added a die cut fence on top of all of these elements.

 I added my sentiment and my die cut clouds, but it seemed to sparse, so I added a couple of birdhouses as well. I stamped them using Birdhouse Tree Branch and Single Birdhouse, colored and fussy cut them, attaching them to posts made from scraps of brown paper.  

Have you made a card using die cuts?  Well, that's our current challenge at DRS Designs, so link up! Check out this post for all the details.

Have a great day!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails