Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Hula Pig

Hi Everyone,

While this new Ain't Got That Swing greeting from DRS Designs would be super cute with any golfer image, I decided to make a summer card using one of my favorite stamps, Hula Pig!  If she doesn't have swing, I don't know who does, right?! LOL!

After choosing my piggy stamp, I started off by trying to make a little beach scene, which never comes naturally for me.  If the struggle is real for you too, my advice is to go small.  I stamped the pig and the Palm Tree and began coloring with my Copic markers.  I colored the pig first, and then began on the background, sand, water and sky, finishing up by coloring in the palm tree.  There was a blank spot in the sky, so I inked up and stamp the bird portion of the Seaside Dock stamp, and colored those in using a white gel pen, also using that the create some waves on the ocean.


I cut the scene out using my oval Spellbinders die, matted it and set it aside.  The background was made using the 4 in 1 Seashells and I also added one shell to the punched out greeting too. Since I couldn't stop adding the words "do-whop, do-whop" to the greeting in my head, I added an embossed musical border and layered it using a swirly punch to mimic the ocean waves. 

Well, June is right around the corner...Here's to a swinging summer!

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails