Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, November 17, 2017

Peace and Joy

Hi Everyone,

Last week I attended an art exhibition at the Cleveland Museum of Art entitled the Jazz Age.  It was a wonderful mix of art, furniture, clothing and jewelry from the Art Deco era, and one of the things that made and impression on me was a tea set that was silver and embellished with ivory.  The clean lines are what inspired this first card.

It's a simple cream and black color combo using and embossing folder and an edge punch.   


The Deco Peace and Joy Christmas Greeting was stamped, die cut and matted on a piece of paper coated in a black and gold glitter.


I decided to use the Peace and Joy portion of the same greeting for the sentiment on this second card.  


I stamped and colored up the Triple Hanging Christmas Ornaments and attached them to a background made using the Large Fillgree Snowflake.

Be sure to stop by DRS Designs to check out all the new Holiday stamps.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails