Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Coffee Cards

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to share these cards today, because they celebrate my favorite hot beverage...Coffee!  

This first card features some new stamps from DRS Designs, and I couldn't wait to pair them up with this Paper Coffee Cup image that we've all been so eager to stamp with.  Paper piecing works great on this stamp, so I decorated it using the Shamrock Scroll (550F), and attached it to a die cut rectangle that was stamped using the new Better Irish Blessings Greeting (555G). 


I made my background by stamping a white piece of cardstock with the new Silhouette Shamrock Field (558K) stamp and covering it in a gold glitter with green tints.  While I drink my coffee black every morning, adding little Irish Cream to a cup after dinner, is a delicious treat for sure :)


I thought this little Ladybug Stack would be perfect, because part of this card sentiment mentions friends.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut it out and attached them to a die cut panel.  I also die cut some cups and decorated them using some background stamps, echoing the bug image by stacking them too.


Adding some sponging to the greeting, I attached it in between the two images and added some gems before adhering it all to a dry embossed heart background.  What friend wouldn't want to receive this as a coffee date invite around Valentine's Day :)

Here is the list of stamps used on this card:

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails