Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cowboy Hats

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a few new to me embossing folders a while ago, and these western inspired stamps have finally allowed me to use them.  I colored up the Cowboy Cactus image and matched that up with my cactus embossing folder.  The bandana in the image could easily have a paisley pattern, so I made an extra background panel and embossed that too.  


Since the cactus was festooned with assorted cowboy garb, I decided to interpret it,  that the partyers discarded their stuff any which place on their way home :)  I inked up the end portion of the 
Saddle Up Birthday Greeting and used a speech bubble to add to the whimsical nature of the card.  

And I used the beginning birthday part inside, along with the Yee Haw from the 
Western Word Square, adding a couple of saddles and spurs from the 4 in 1 Cowboy Gear.  



I wanted to highlight some of the great phrases on the Western Word Square, so I selectively inked up a few and layered them up using my circle punches. It needed a cowboy element, so I chose to stamp the hat, and added all of them to an embossed mustache background.  



A punched star border was added to anchor the elements and fill in the space along the bottom of the card. 

Yee Haw!  Thanks for stopping by today!
Smiles and Hugs!
Karin  

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Love these cards. Super creative and fun, and great colors. You always come up with the best ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails