Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Evolution of a Card

Hi Everyone,

Once the calendar changes to September, and there being back to school, football and the ubiquitous pumpkin spice, I quickly fall into line and want all things to be autumnal.  Including my cards.  I pulled out my fall stamps and tried to get creative.

 It all began with my stamps from DRS Designs...

I die cut a leaf out of a die cut square, replacing that big leaf with a leaf that was stamped using the Medium Silhouette Leaf in various fall colors.  I added the Small Autumn Greetings to the leaf and set it aside as I worked on the background. Using the same stamp pads, I made a splatter background using a wet paint brush, and added a die cut vine and pumpkin.  I wrapped that background with a gauzy orange ribbon and assembled it, attaching the leaf panel I made using some dimensional foam tape.



I thought it was too hard to read the greeting among the busy leaves and I wasn't sure about the gold, so I die cut another square.  I stamped that, keeping more white space and made sure I stamped the most pale leaf in the center, leaving a spot to put my greeting there.  


It was still too hard to read the greeting, so out came my square punches, and this is what I finally ended on:


It's not the super creative, out of the box masterpiece that I had visions of in my head, but then rarely do my cards end up that way anyhow...lol!   I keep looking at that first card, trying to figure out if I could have maybe changed the frame color, or placement of the greeting, or...?  Oh well, that's the creative process and frankly part of fun of card making.

Thanks for stopping by the blog...

Wishing you all things inky and stamp-y!

Karin



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails